Trouble posting

Beechwood Chip

Chipmaster was having trouble posting, so he sent me an IM. I figured that he couldn't post a question in "Forum Help" if he couldn't post, so I figured that I'd post it for him.

Chipmaster wrote:

I hope you can help me. I signed in a little while ago and tried to post a Christmas greeting in the forum and at the end I couldn't find a way to post it. Being a new member and not too savvy with "puters" I clicked the only thing that had the word "Post" in at the bottom of the page. Obviously it was the wrong place because my message disappeared and it seemed like I was off line. The icons to the left of the forum labels went to shaded and I couldn't get around anymore. .so..any ideas?

I suggested that he might have had a brief network problem, and he should just try again. But, maybe someone more familiar with the forum software has a better suggestion.

Hmm...I would agree with your assessment. He has 12 posts already and can use the private messaging system which says his account is active and in good standing. He definitely has posting privileges. If he doesn't have a network connection issue, he might try clearing cache and cookies and possibly even try a different browser for the sake of troubleshooting.

Thanks Beechwood and Marc..not sure what happened..probably "user error":-[ I'll try again and see what happens. The only obvious difference now is that when you sign in, the icons to the left of the discussion topics normally goes from a shaded appearance to a bold look but only some of mine do. They all used to change before yesterday evening. I don't know if the icons remaining shaded means there's a problem? I know it must be wierd..but thanks for your help, I'll keep messing and let you know if it is in fact a problem.

Merry Christmas!