Worth checking out/buying? grizzly router table - G0528

nod

I came across a barely used version of this router table recently. I know there's some debate about buying vs building, but right now, time is limited, so getting going would be helpful and preferred (without dropping $1K!). Does anyone have experience with this one? Used or at least seen in person? All I can find on amazon are mostly favorable reviews, and some typical grizz negatives. For $300-350, it looks like a decent entry, well above what rockler or similar deliveres at the same price.

I found this one listed on CL, but it's not exactly close - about 1.5hrs away - but thankfully, it's practically next door to a client, so I can double up on the trip. Just finding an excuse to get up there really. thanks for any help..

If it's in good shape and the fence and table is flat and you can get it at the lower end of your estimate, go for it.  Keep in mind that your time is worth something and at 3 hours of travel, that could add up.

Perhaps ask the seller to meet you 1/2 way and offer the lower end based on condition and flatness.

If it's in good shape and the fence and table is flat and you can get it at the lower end of your estimate, go for it.  Keep in mind that your time is worth something and at 3 hours of travel, that could add up.

Perhaps ask the seller to meet you 1/2 way and offer the lower end based on condition and flatness.

Duly noted. Only reason I'm even entertaining the idea is because of his location... I have two clients within spitting distance of him. And I've been putting off visiting one, so sounds like the time may be right. (I work from home and most of my clients are near the seller, so the locale/drive isn't too much of an issue - it's proabably keeping most buyers away actually. Good for me, bad for them!)

Full disclosure...I don't own this router table or any Grizzly products.

This table is certainly worth a look, especially since you can combine trips.  A Grizzly, cast iron, half price...these three items alone make it worth a look.

Whenever I buy equipment, I try to read and understand the 1-star and 2-star reviews...to see what the negatives are, especially if there could be a safety impact.  Sometimes, the negative reviews are just sour grapes and I just disregard them.

I looked at the 1 and 2 star reviews on Amazon and there are a couple of items on this table that may be an issue:

Thickness of the cast iron limits the ability to fully raise the bits.

Cannot make above the table height adjustments.

No capability for a router insert, therefore, no capability to add a router lift (unless Grizzly makes one for this table).

Quote from one of the 1 star:

"I would advise anyone looking at this table to see it in person first before you buy it. try out all the adjustments and then make your decision. If I had that opportunity I would have never bought this."

Hope this helps.

Whenever I buy equipment, I try to read and understand the 1-star and 2-star reviews...to see what the negatives are, especially if there could be a safety impact.  Sometimes, the negative reviews are just sour grapes and I just disregard them.

I looked at the 1 and 2 star reviews on Amazon and there are a couple of items on this table that may be an issue:

Thickness of the cast iron limits the ability to fully raise the bits.

Cannot make above the table height adjustments.

No capability for a router insert, therefore, no capability to add a router lift (unless Grizzly makes one for this table).

Hope this helps.

Ftr - thanks so much for response and information. Of course I was pretty excited to jump on this, but he jsut replied that it is now sold. Anyhow, given the price, I could overlook a few of those issues, but being completely new to router tables, this is incredibly informative. I'll be keeping all of this information in mind when looking at my future options. This is one great reason I appreciate this forum and the members. thanks again.

------ Of course I was pretty excited to jump on this, but he just replied that it is now sold....

Another lesson learned.  I missed out on a Woodpeckers router lift with a Porter Cable 3 1/4 HP router, essentially for the price of the router lift.  I waited 12 hours to respond, and it was sold.

Personally, I would have jumped all over the Grizzly table, with the expectation that if I didn't like it, I could easily sell it for what I paid for it.