Am I Over Thinking This?

Keggers

I'm building 22 cabinet doors for our kitchen. I only have enough clamps to clamp 4 or 5 doors at a time. I plan to pre-finish all the door parts before the glue up. My concern is to how to store the finished doors until I have them all completed. Should I stand them on end and lean them against the wall or should I lay them flat with stickers between each one? Does it matter? The wood is very stabile so I'm really not concerned with the wood moving too much. I would hate to waste all the hard work it's taking me to build all these doors and then find if I'd only stored them the right way they wouldn't have twisted. Am I over thinking this?

I'm building 22 cabinet doors for our kitchen. I only have enough clamps to clamp 4 or 5 doors at a time. I plan to pre-finish all the door parts before the glue up. My concern is to how to store the finished doors until I have them all completed. Should I stand them on end and lean them against the wall or should I lay them flat with stickers between each one? Does it matter? The wood is very stabile so I'm really not concerned with the wood moving too much. I would hate to waste all the hard work it's taking me to build all these doors and then find if I'd only stored them the right way they wouldn't have twisted. Am I over thinking this?

You may be over thinking it... A scrap of carpet on the shop floor, and a heavy woodworking machine make for an stable surface to lean doors against.

ALSO - Not that you asked, but I'll add my two cents: When I build doors, I only have two clamps out in operation, even if I'm building 100 doors. I glue and clamp up the door, then drive 23ga pins through the tennons on the back side of the door. Then I remove the clamps, wipe off any squeeze out, and move on to the next door. The pins will hold the joint togeather while the glue dries and cures.

Hope this helps

Gregory

Yes.

I think 'no' would be the shortest possible reply, however I'll give you points for succinctness <_<

Keggers, 22 doors is a lot of work - you must have quite a kitchen. I'd lay them out vertically against the wall for two reasons. First, it'll be a great morale booster as you line 'em up. Secondly, unless you have a very unusual kitchen design, they're going to spend the next several years hanging vertically on the cabinets, n'est pas?

So head down and chin up - either a mixed metaphor or an anatomical impossibility :D.

John