Finished the WHC!

OK. After running into a BUTT LOAD of issues with this cabinet, I have finally reached the end. The only thing that I still lack is the inside latches for the doors and the French cleat to hang it. I actually bought the latches for the inside, but some how I have lost them in the shop, so I will buy two more (then get home and find the two that I lost). So, if the doors look like they are not quite flush with the front, it is because the doors are not completely shut. I apologize for the crappy pictures, but my cell phone is all that I had available tonight. After I hang it on the wall, I will get my good camera and take some nicer pictures.

I welcome everyone’s comments, critics and questions. Please keep a few things in mind. Below is a list of the first with this project.

1. First piece of furniture

2. First time to use dyes.

3. First time to make dovetails.

4. First time to make a drawer.

5. First time to make a stile and rail cabinet door.

and probably several other firsts that I can not think of.

I will tell you that I was pretty disappointed after putting the dye on it, when I realized that my dovetails could barely be seen.

Anyway........enough excuses. Let me know what I can do to improve the next one.

Again, if you can not see anything very well, I will get better pictures for the guild gallery soon.

PS: You will notice that I recessed the entire thing by a 1/4", instead of it being flush like the plan.

Thanks,

Jeff

post-1850-0-60655100-1305513393_thumb.jppost-1850-0-34467400-1305513398_thumb.jppost-1850-0-75413600-1305513402_thumb.jppost-1850-0-22173200-1305513407_thumb.jp