Medium or Fine Paint Strainers

rallison

Medium is good...stop by the local auto body store...they give them away for free.

If you do have to purchase, make sure they can handle solvents and not for water-based paints. I had an issue once (oops the filters were for latex paint :wub: :wub: ) the solvents had a reaction with the glue holding the screen to the cone, chunks of the glue came off the cone got into the spray gun and clogged my guns filter, thankfully I didn't removed my guns filter. Though, when I spray water-based, since water-based ts thicker, I remove the filter in the gun, the fluid flows better that way, I spray with gravity feed hvlp guns, sorry for the ramble...

Hope this helps.

-Ace-

I guess your really don't need the filter in the gun at all. Heck you filter your finishes anyway, so what is the point :lol:

Another thing is to keep in mind, make sure if you are spraying with a gravity feed gun, fill the cup full of finish, it will spray better that way. The full amount of material in the cup, helps push the finish through the gun at a consistent rate.

-Ace-