Forum auto save

EdgewaterWW

I see that as I'm typing a forum post "last auto saved" at the bottom. I have had the browser crash or when not in the typing window (frame) i hit backspace and jump back a web page and have lost the post i was typing.

So how do I or anyone recover the post from the auto save?

It saves it to a SawmillCreek thread.

j/k

Surprisingly easy to use; surprisingly hidden.

Open another window with WTO (if in Chrome, just right-click the tab and say 'duplicate').  In the duplicate, do the following to try it yourself:

- Start a reply

- Wait for it to say "autosaved at..."

- Close that browser tab to simulate losing your edits

- You are likely still on this tab reading this so duplicate the tab again

- Scroll down to the quick reply area and hit "more posting options" (or something like that; lower right corner); it opens the full editor

- Look at the bottom 'status bar' of the editor. It will say "View Auto Saved Content (Today, hh:mm pm)"  Click that

- You get to see the content and 'restore' it into the editor window.

Note that when you restore that autosaved content, you don't actually remove it from the secret autosave storage so if you lost it again or if you close the window, it is still there to use again.  After awhile you might get too much autosaved (but not posted) content. To clear the autosaved content, look at the tool bar to the right side. There's a gear with a screwdriver. Click it and you can check off "clear autosaved content" to clear it out.

Sounds long, but it's just the step by step so you can reproduce it

• Like 1

It saves it to a SawmillCreek thread.

j/k

Surprisingly easy to use; surprisingly hidden.

Open another window with WTO (if in Chrome, just right-click the tab and say 'duplicate').  In the duplicate, do the following to try it yourself:

- Start a reply

- Wait for it to say "autosaved at..."

- Close that browser tab to simulate losing your edits

- You are likely still on this tab reading this so duplicate the tab again

- Scroll down to the quick reply area and hit "more posting options" (or something like that; lower right corner); it opens the full editor

- Look at the bottom 'status bar' of the editor. It will say "View Auto Saved Content (Today, hh:mm pm)"  Click that

- You get to see the content and 'restore' it into the editor window.

Note that when you restore that autosaved content, you don't actually remove it from the secret autosave storage so if you lost it again or if you close the window, it is still there to use again.  After awhile you might get too much autosaved (but not posted) content. To clear the autosaved content, look at the tool bar to the right side. There's a gear with a screwdriver. Click it and you can check off "clear autosaved content" to clear it out.

Sounds long, but it's just the step by step so you can reproduce it

AHA!  Excellent information.