For Sale: Woodriver No. 6 Bench Plane

ChrisG

I have for sale a WR No. 6. This is a second generation WR plane (not a V3), made after they fixed their early QC problems, but before they redesigned them a bit into the V3 model. I purchased this plane new from Woodcraft in February 2010, it was the first "new" plane I ever bought (2nd plane I ever owned), and it has continued to be one of my most used tools for 4 years. The reason I am selling it is that I decided I want something a little lighter and happened to get an LV 6 off ebay for song last week (WR is around 8lbs, LV is around 6 3/4 lbs).

This plane has seen a good deal of use and has some cosmetic damage, but is 100% functional and has otherwise been well cared for. It has taken 2 trips to the floor since I got it resulting in a thin hairline crack at the base of the wooden knob (this never spread nor needed repair), as well as a crack in the tote (which I glued pretty cleanly) and a chip in the horn (which I sanded off the splinters). Other than a small ding here or there, the body frog, blade, etc...was unaffected by the falls (everything is flat, square and sound). It has continued to be fantastic user and has been used a great deal since it's visit to the floor. I don't know if the WRs are made of ductile iron or some equal alternative, but whatever it is, it is TOUGH.

Other than the wood damage, any/all other signs of wear, are the standard cosmetic, dings, scratches, fingerprints, tarnish, spots from cleaned off rust, etc...that are typical of a plane that has been used with some sweat. The blade is sharp (and will be honed again before I ship it) and the chipbreaker is tuned to meet firmly with the blade. This is a great user plane, and you will not need to do ANYTHING to put it to work.

I have done my best to describe this plane in detail. Please review all the pictures below (I have put red circles around the damaged wood areas), and let me know if you have any questions. These things are sorta pricey to ship so all sales are final. I currently have this setup with a bit of camber for use as a medium set trying plane. If you want it setup as a "super smoother" or straight iron jointer I will be happy to regrind the blade and set it up as such before sending. I you want me to set it up as such before you buy and show you some photos of wispy "tool show" shavings (which it is capable of) I would be happy to do that as well.

$85 shipped CONUSA....$75 for local West Philly pickup in the 19104 zip code. Paypal only please.

post-4431-0-87263200-1393946291_thumb.jp post-4431-0-09565300-1393946295_thumb.jp post-4431-0-53000600-1393946293_thumb.jp post-4431-0-82768100-1393946296_thumb.jp post-4431-0-05080100-1393946300_thumb.jp post-4431-0-82903700-1393946301_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

One time price bump

$80 shipped CONUSA....$70 for local West Philly pickup in the 19104 zip code. Paypal only please.

If you're interested please be assured that this plane works absolutely beautifully.  The only reason I'm selling it is because I got a hold of a Veritas 6. If you want more pics or a video let me know.  Just FYI: This is the lowest I am going.  If there is not interest I will simply keep the plane, put it on Ebay, and/or sell it later on down the road.

Please send me a PM if interested.