Most valuable table saw features

simocco

I had originally posted a thread asking if an inductioin motor was a valuable feature of a table saw, but after a bit of advice have re-posted with the new title, so im hoping for a few suggestions on what the best features to look out for on a table saw are. realisitcally my budget is around £250 / $400. my shed aka workshop is 2.5m x 2.5m so space is at a premium! I would appreciate any feedback thanks.

If I were shopping for a saw in that price range the first 3 things I would make sure of (in THIS order), are: carefully pinch the blade between thumb and forefinger and see if there's any wobble in the shaft...make sure it comes with a riving knife...and make sure it has a GOOD fence.

My last table saw was a craftsman job-site (I needed the break-down and mobility features due to limited shop space), and surprisingly the blade had about 1/16" to 1/8" wobble. When I actually discovered this, I went to my local Sears store and checked the saws on their floor and all of them had some wobble to them.