Where to buy larger tools

elwoodblues

Hey Elwood,

Speaking from my experience most local dealers will glady deliver. They may of course charge for delivery though. WIth my bigger purchases i've always been able to haggle in delivery though. Depends on the dealer.

If you purchase from somewhere like Grizzly etc they will deliver.

My advice to you (having recently gone from zero stationary tools to a planer, jointer, bandsaw and table saw and soon to be new router table setup from Jessum) is to do as much research as you can, visit local dealers and check out various online distrubutors, etc.

I'm saving my pennies and nickels for a bandsaw around the 1000 dollar mark (got a ways to go). When I reach my goal, where should I go to make my purchase? Online or in the store? Is it delivered if bought in store or must it ship out? I've only bought tools from users, not dealers.

I don't know where you live, but if you can take a truck and pick the bandsaw up at the dealer, all your money goes to the price of the tool instead of spending some of it on shipping fees. Keep in mind that the bandsaw should be trucked standing up and not laying down flat, so you'll need the appropriate strapping when you go to pick it up.