Supermax 19-38 dimensions?

Matt S

Can someone please confirm the footprint dimensions of this drum sander with in/outfeed tables installed? I am considering making the purchase but don't want to be surprised by the size. Best I can tell from manufacturer's info is it is 42" long × 60" wide. The height is not much concern to me. Thanks.

Thanks Eric. The 60" dimension I was referencing was meant for the infeed/outfeed table length tip to tip. The manual says 36" for the machine and from what I found they recommend 12" on each side for the tables (10" for table plus 2" gap). I feel much better about adding this machine to my floorplan if the footprint is only 45"x43".

Are you still satisfied with your 19-38? Any buyers remorse or advice for a potential owner?  

Sounds good, thanks!

Did you guys add the supermax casters or find your own casters? $89 for 4 casters seems pretty steep. They don't appear to be anything special. I would think I could find something similar for $10 a piece.

Check out the first page of the thread I linked :)

But no, I did not get casters because I'm fine with the sander's location being permanent. If I cared about mobility I would've ponied up. As someone said on that thread, $25 for a good quality caster isn't outrageous.

Sounds good, thanks!

Did you guys add the supermax casters or find your own casters? $89 for 4 casters seems pretty steep. They don't appear to be anything special. I would think I could find something similar for $10 a piece.

I got the casters and paid 119.95$ cdn plus 15% sales tax. No regrets. Amazing quality sander.