Help finding / Designing a plan

jkinosh

We are thinking of a built-in for our living room to house the AV stuff for our TV, and I had a design all worked out, and now my wife sees this at BJ's and wondered if I could build something similiar. I really don't want to buy this one since I already have the Electric fireplace. I would like to be able to just build a new Mantel, with Storage.

Any suggestions on where to find a plan for something similiar. Thinking that this might make a nice winter project.

They are both 15 deep by 48 Wide and 32 Tall.

Thanks,

Jacob

113012972_400x400.jpg

80614560_400x400.jpg

Why not try designing your own? You can make it any size you need to fit in the space you have and not be restricted by some generic plan. Design is not that hard when you are using pictures of existing pieces to work off of. Designing from scratch is one thing, but using pictures and such for inspiration makes the process quite easy. I'd suggest making a few sketches of your own. If you get stuck on something, ask the community here for advice. I'm sure we'd all be glad to help.