Table Saw issue - Seeking advice

Mikpohl

hello - Question I'd like advice on. On my Jet hybrid 10" table saw. When raising & lowering blade, crank is hard to turn and belt slips. I loosened Big Plastic Hold. Also blew sawdust out with compresser. Belt stripped? Doesn't appear that way. Why is it so tight and why is it slipping? Thoughts? Thanks so much,

Frustrated in NC! ( Mike)

the gears could have some sawdust in them or there might be some friction when is the last time you lubed up your saw? Another is how new is it? as for the belt that sounds like an alignment issue. You might consider getting a link belt. I have one on the way for my saw and i dont even need one but i herd alot of good reviews on them

Mic, Almost every time I have a problem with any of my tools it boils down to one or two things. Dirt or alignment. Mostly I let the tool ingest too much dust and dirt. On the big table saw, I removed the saw dust chute so the saw dust can fall out the bottom of the saw. I try to keep the cabinet which houses the motor and raising and lowering gears as free of saw dust as possible. I spray WD40 on the gears and threaded parts rather than use a thicker oily lube material. My tools are used a lot, so keeping them clean and ready to use is a must. An air compressor helps, but sometimes I have to use a variety of brushes and the vacuum to remove all of the debris that can accumulate in my saws. Hand held tools sometimes have to be partially disassembled to be cleaned. In every case, the tool at least seems to work better....... Kinda like women, when they are shown a lot of care and attention, things seem to go better....... 'nuf said.