Merry Christmas from Bois-Servant

Pete Bennett

Un joyeux Noël à toi aussi, Pete. Since the document you posted is a personalised Christmas card, I thought I'd put the image here - it's a little quicker that way. Hope you don't mind.

Here's the smaller web version: post-2037-0-73489700-1292968731_thumb.jp

And original size: post-2037-0-50170800-1292968723_thumb.jp

Lovely place you have there. I think that's the view from your workshop isn't it? A lot of work, but a lot of satisfaction too. Hope you've stocked up on logs, I think it's going to be a long hard winter.

John

Un joyeux Noël à toi aussi, Pete. Since the document you posted is a personalised Christmas card, I thought I'd put the image here - it's a little quicker that way. Hope you don't mind.

Here's the smaller web version: post-2037-0-73489700-1292968731_thumb.jp

And original size: post-2037-0-50170800-1292968723_thumb.jp

Lovely place you have there. I think that's the view from your workshop isn't it? A lot of work, but a lot of satisfaction too. Hope you've stocked up on logs, I think it's going to be a long hard winter.

John

Thank you very much John. It's my own fault for being in such a rush I actually posted the wrong file. Thanks

Yes I look out at this every day and it's very inspiring. When we came here there was only half a roof and that leaked like a sieve. There was no electric and no hot and cold water we had a well and a stand pipe in the yard. But, we fell instantly in love with it. The gable end that projects out I built on myself using stone from a derelict cottage in the yard. Sue and I have worked on the place on and off (when we can afford the time and more importantly the money) We are sure one day it will be finished but who knows.

So far we have had a reasonably wet winter and a couple of falls of snow, but with a good store of logs and a very expensive 'large' store of offcuts we should manage OK.

Merry Christmas. Sorry I do not know how to say this in Italian.

Pete

Quasi, Roberto ;)...

Un joyeux Noël à toi aussi, Pete

Bona Natale ... Gianni.

Happy Christmas (for the other side of the pond)

Merry Christmas (for this side of the pond)

Feliz Navidad (for the other side of the Rio Grande ... all the way to Antartica)

In Italian it would be buon Natale, bona sounds like the Rome dialect to me... Here are a few more - so perhaps it was Sardinian.

Also, I think (but after 25 years I could be wrong) that merry Christmas is more frequently used in the UK too.

Oh, I would be Giovanni by the way :P.

Talk about splitting hairs...

John

I don't know any other languages soooo....

Merry Christmas!

How about this?

Samtsirhc Yrrem!

I love your place. I would love to live in a stone building with the exposed beams like you have. I have a dream to renovate an old barn into a house out in the middle of farm country.

I don't know any other languages soooo....

Merry Christmas!

How about this?

Samtsirhc Yrrem!

I love your place. I would love to live in a stone building with the exposed beams like you have. I have a dream to renovate an old barn into a house out in the middle of farm country.

Follow your dreams Brett. Without them there would be no life. Occassionaly they may seem like nightmares I know but, I'm mad enough for anything and thankfully my lade Sue is as well.

There is (according to Sue) only one major drawback with all those exposed timbers, she says there are more spiders per square mile in France than the rest of the world put together!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year