Ridgid R4511 vs. R4512

Dardwood

Good Afternoon:

I am a new member. There are two Ridgid table saws for sale on Craigslist in my area.......A Ridgid 4511 for $400.00 and a Ridgid 4512 for $375. The R4511 has been recalled due to problems when using dado blades and some will not stay secure

in the 90 degree blade level. (will ridgid fix this problem) The R4512 model looks like the sears 22183 and the steel city version looks a cookie cutter of the two just mentioned. All things considered, which in your opinion would be the better purchase.

Thank you for your input and comments.

I purchased the 4511 for $299 last December. It is a pretty nice saw. If you are concerned about the arbor issue, you should get the serial number, which may include date that it was made. There are many links on the Rigid Forum that can help in determining if it is an affected tool.

I wold go for the R4511 I have one and I like it. The recall problem should be fixed by now but check the s/n plate for date codes between CD0829 and CD0837. Saws with an “Arbor Inspected” sticker directly above the plate or an orange square on the outside of the box are

not included in the recall. Hope that helps you out. :)

Good Afternoon:

I am a new member. There are two Ridgid table saws for sale on Craigslist in my area.......A Ridgid 4511 for $400.00 and a Ridgid 4512 for $375. The R4511 has been recalled due to problems when using dado blades and some will not stay secure

in the 90 degree blade level. (will ridgid fix this problem) The R4512 model looks like the sears 22183 and the steel city version looks a cookie cutter of the two just mentioned. All things considered, which in your opinion would be the better purchase.

Thank you for your input and comments.

i would go with the R4512. you will get magnets to stick better on the cast iron top rather than the granite top.

Steel City/Orion made the Ridgid R4511. Dayton makes the Ridgid R4512 and the identical Cman 21833, and have very different guts (table mounted trunnions), steel wings, and aluminum fences. I have not read about issues with the R4511 staying at 90°, and is something that should be fully adjustable. What you read about could have been posted by someone inexperienced with setup. The arbor issue should be covered by Ridgid if it was one of the serial numbers included in the recall.

Once setup and equipped with a good blade, they should all be capable of cutting accurately, but the cabinet mounted trunnions are heavier and easier to align than the table mounted trunnions on the R4512 and 21833. In the used market, I think I'd go with an R4511 that's in good shape vs a used R4512, but I'd be inclined to offer less than $400.