Happy to join the party

Richard Link

Hi everyone. I just joined the Guild and wanted to touch base. I've been woodworking for about 5 years as a hobby and am essentially self taught (ack...with some help from the Wood Whisperer) to this point. Marc's videos had a lot to do with fueling my enthusiasm throughout the journey so far. I'm certainly looking forward to participating in the Guild, learning and taking my skills up a notch.

Just as a side note, I am a CNC enthusiast as well and have been exploring that world for about 6 months at this point. I have a 48x48 Camaster CNC router with a rotary axis. Although I'm by no means a super expert currently, I'd be happy to try to help any Guild members who have CNC or CAD/CAM design questions or perhaps need help with a difficult woodworking problem that might be eased using a CNC approach.

I love traditional woodworking but enjoy integrating the CNC into projects for embelishment with carvings, inlay, or for making complex templates, etc.

Well, that's it. Best wishes.

Richard

So RoboDoc, are you able to sub-out work to? Like if I need a template or something would you make it for a fee and UPS it to me?

I'm sure we can work something out if that comes up. I assume you are referring to things like templates for chair parts out of mdf, etc? Shoot me a message if you need anything.