beginner Tools needed.

funny718

Mr. Coop, I'd like to be able to say I started out with woodworking classes in high school, & kept going from there, but I didn't. I grew up in the trucking business, & that's all I know well. Trucking is all I've ever done, that's why I read books to learn the tools, wood, how to, & all I could learn. There weren't the u tube & all when I started, & if there was, I wasn't aware of it. Like ALOT of fellers here, I'm self taught. I don't proclaim to be an expert by any means. I probably make more mistakes than anybody, but, with experience, time, & patience, I've learned to fix my mistakes. But, I also would like to think I do honest, quality work. For no bigger than our little farm community is, I've managed to build a customer base, & keep it. I'm pretty technologically illiterate, so I gave up trying to download pictures to the sites I'm involved with. My granddaughter set me up a FB page under Sawdust Haven. If you'd care to have a look see at my work, be my guest. And thanks for your comment, because I was trying to make a point with honesty, not dollar bills.

• Like 1

I would contend that a table saw isn't necessary.  I've managed to use a circ saw with a finish blade and a nice long straightedge for just about everything. I'm sure there's a point when the table saw would be a better option, but if your budget is prohibitive, the combination I use is cheap and surprisingly functional.

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 10:14 AM, Minnesota Steve said:

You'll also need some dust collection.

Hey, that's the same model dust collector I have in my garage!

• Like 1