JDS 750 Air Filter switch

Shopcat

JDS is a now defunct dust collector company, but I suspect there are members here who still own their products.  The control panel on my JDS 750ER died.  This was a common problem 10 years back, and JDS used to just ship a replacement.  Them being out of business makes that unlikely in my case, so I am looking for alternatives.  The filter itself back in the day was top rated, and that part still works well.  But turning it on via the control panel produces inconsistent results, if anything happens at all.

I think I can just replace the control panel with a manual on/off switch and a speed selector dial. I will be perfectly happy to not have the timer and remote feature.   At its high point this filter was wired that way, probably why it was so highly rated, and adding the control panel with its remote broke an otherwise good filter.  I see web posts where people talk about doing that (manual switch), but no details.  Is there anyone reading this that went through that, what did you do?

The 750 was indeed the bake-off winner more often than not.  My 750 still works but, for another device I chose one speed, plugged it into a new outlet that was fed off a timer switch like those that get used for bathrooms or pantries.  I used this 12 hour version from Intermatic available at the BROG.  If the speed selection is important to you, maybe one of our Sparky's or Sparky-wanna-be's could chime in.