paslode and bostitch

jab73180

maybe it is old news, im slow like that. did bostitch and paslode merge? when i was at lowes the other day there was a bostitch gas nailer there that looked identical to the paslode except brown. the gas cartridges were the same too. just wondering what i missed.

maybe it is old news, im slow like that. did bostitch and paslode merge? when i was at lowes the other day there was a bostitch gas nailer there that looked identical to the paslode except brown. the gas cartridges were the same too. just wondering what i missed.

As far as I know, Paslode is still owned by Illinois Tool Works and Bostitch is still part of the Stanley/Black and Decker Group. But there's a lot of private labelling that goes on in the tool world. Perhaps Chad the Tool Guy could chime in?

Hitachi, Senco, and Bostitch have all released the same designs recently. They all appear to have the same cartridge. I am not aware that ITW has been bought out. They are a larger company than most people realize. I don't know if patents have expired or Paslode has started licensing for capital in light of recent economic changes.

I do live in a sheltered market. I am usually last to know about anything new. I have to drive two hours just put my hands on anything not in a big box. No Festool here anywhere.

I handle PR for Paslode. The Paslode patent on its fuel powered cordless framing nailer ran out that is why everyone else has jumped into the market; Paslode has introduced and all new version of its cordless framing nailer, the CF325 with a new design on the fuel cell.

I handle PR for Paslode. The Paslode patent on its fuel powered cordless framing nailer ran out that is why everyone else has jumped into the market; Paslode has introduced and all new version of its cordless framing nailer, the CF325 with a new design on the fuel cell.

Thanks for the feedback Paul. It is good to know that my beloved Paslode is still being innovative and staying on top.