Victoria BC - Lie-Nielsen Event - Apr 8-9

John V.

Who else is going to this?

BTW, they will be doing a special evening just for our local guild (Vancouver Island Woodworkers' Guild) on April 7th.

Hey Johnny,

I did the Vancouver show this weekend. Jeremy Tomlinson is the rep for Lie Nielsen (lives in North Van), nice guy and very knowledgeable. He did not know about the HTS so I filled him in and presented us as a "virtual" hand tool guild (which we are), perhaps you could back me up in the effort to raise Shannon's profile with the LN people. I asked for a guild discount with no luck, but he was kind enough to give me my choice of 2 DVD's from their library. Bought a #4 bronze smoother for $350, and am looking forward to getting that into my shop.

Let me know if your guild night yields you any special deals, be interesting to see.

Have fun next week!

Who else is going to this?

BTW, they will be doing a special evening just for our local guild (Vancouver Island Woodworkers' Guild) on April 7th.

Hi Johnny,

I spent most of the day at the Vancouver one (with Garth and others). It was a lot of fun, even though I had attended last year as well. Their two new tools - the #51 shoot board plane and thin-plate dovetail saw are very nice! Definitely worth going to try and learn about the tools.

Thanks for the info. I am really looking forward to it.

Hi Johnny,

I spent most of the day at the Vancouver one (with Garth and others). It was a lot of fun, even though I had attended last year as well. Their two new tools - the #51 shoot board plane and thin-plate dovetail saw are very nice! Definitely worth going to try and learn about the tools.

Hi Garth

It should be a blast. We did get a deal last year (10% discount + free shipping) but who knows what will happen this year. I dropped $2500 on a whole whack of stuff last year...I'm still in the dog house with SWMBO. :D I'll post what happens, maybe even a few pictures.

Hey Johnny,

I did the Vancouver show this weekend. Jeremy Tomlinson is the rep for Lie Nielsen (lives in North Van), nice guy and very knowledgeable. He did not know about the HTS so I filled him in and presented us as a "virtual" hand tool guild (which we are), perhaps you could back me up in the effort to raise Shannon's profile with the LN people. I asked for a guild discount with no luck, but he was kind enough to give me my choice of 2 DVD's from their library. Bought a #4 bronze smoother for $350, and am looking forward to getting that into my shop.

Let me know if your guild night yields you any special deals, be interesting to see.

Have fun next week!

• 9 months later...

Hey Garth & Chris

Looks like the great deals are waining this year--LN is tightening its belt I gather. No special guild night but at least they are coming back nor any word on discounts. It is going to be January 27-28 this time and I'm pretty sure Jeremy Tomlinson is going to be back again and with any luck we might get Deneb like we did 2 years ago.

I'll drop you guys a note and let you know how it goes.

Cheers

John

John,

The LN event in Burnaby is the following week. I've never met Deneb; he didn't attend the Burnaby event either of the last two years (though Jeremy did, along with James Hopper last year).

Please let us know what you think of this year's event. I plan to attend regardless - I have to bug Jeremy for a free hotdog (handle) like I do every year :)