the Woodmaster System

John Anderson

every few months or so i get this flyer telling me about how awesome the woodmaster system is. for those of you who may not know about it, you can read about it here. http://www.woodmastertools.com/ . now im not all that interested in making my own moldings as a business or anything but this system seems pretty amazing. The middle of the road pkg it is an 18" 5hp planner for about $1700. for $700 more you can get the "pro pack" which has all the attachments to convert it to a Drum sander, 2 blade rip saw, and molder.it also has the dust chute, extension tables and some molding knives. all the adds ive recieved before have proudly claimed that the product is made in the USA, which is something i like to see, but i couldnt find this claim on this add so i dont know if it has been outsourced or not. i hope not. i was wondering if anyone on here has this product or has heard anything good or bad about it.

thanks,

John

First off I don't have any experience with one of these (unless you count seeing Norm use it :P ) The three things that go through my mind with this is changeover time from planer to drum sander/ rip saw/ moulder, cost of knives, lack of selection of profiles (without having them custom made for $$$). If I had plans of running production trim it would probably be great as a dedicated rip saw and molding milling set up but since I don't I personally would rather have seperate machines. You have to weigh out those things and see where you end up. Let us know what you figure out.

Nate

The Woodmaster is made in the USA in Kansas City. They do not outsource any of their components to other countries. With that said, they are FANTASTIC machines! I have two of the 718's and use them every day in my business. If you have any specific questions feel free to contact me.

Mike