Bandsaw Blades

ztifpatrick

I keep my bandsaw in the garage and that's where i store my blades. It is dry, no leaks, but it can get very humid in the summer. Recently I came across a couple of blades that were badly rusted in a couple of spots. These were not wrapped in any paper, just in a box. They were on the bottom shelf of a metal rack, maybe something spilled on them to speed it up.I tried cleaning but gave up after trying one on my bandsaw, it ran like a cement mixer. So my question is do any of you take special precautions? WD - 40? I know some blades I buy come with a paper wrapper, have not had any trouble with those. These were both 1 inch, cant remember where i bought them, I think it was from Laguna.

I keep my bandsaw in the garage and that's where i store my blades. It is dry, no leaks, but it can get very humid in the summer. Recently I came across a couple of blades that were badly rusted in a couple of spots. These were not wrapped in any paper, just in a box. They were on the bottom shelf of a metal rack, maybe something spilled on them to speed it up.I tried cleaning but gave up after trying one on my bandsaw, it ran like a cement mixer. So my question is do any of you take special precautions? WD - 40? I know some blades I buy come with a paper wrapper, have not had any trouble with those. These were both 1 inch, cant remember where i bought them, I think it was from Laguna.

Mine hang on the wall above my bandsaw in open air. No special precautions, no problems for the past 8 years.