Fraction to decimal conversion chart

I am probably in the minority with this, but I use Adobe Illustrator for almost all of my initial design drawings. Illustrator doesn't have a fractions settings, so I need to convert back and forth from decimals to fractions for my measurements. Today I found this convenient little chart online that has all of the fraction to decimal conversions by sixty-forths of an inch. I thought maybe someone would find it useful.

Fraction to decimal conversion chart

Jonathan

=====================================

Okay, I'm curious what you like about adobe?

I've pretty much only used sketch-up... oh and/or paper and pencils.

Chet -

I use Illustrator, because it's what I'm use to. I've been a graphic/web designer for 15 years, and I have used Illustrator for that long. Some things that I like about using Illustrator are:

- I can create plans very quickly

- Scaling is very easy

- I think setting up proportions is easy

- Exact dimensions are easy

- The drawing tools are very easy to use (That is what it was created for after all :-)

My usual design process is to draw/sketch on paper. Then when I get a basic idea of what I want to do, I create the elevations/plans in Illustrator. If everything seems a go, I will then create a model in Sketch-Up.

I like sketch-up, but I find it takes much more time to create a basic idea, when compared to Illustrator. It could be that I am just a lot faster in Illustrator, and I haven't used Sketch-Up enough. I don't know.

Now just to be clear, I am talking about Adobe Illustrator, and not Adobe Photoshop - two entirely different applications.

Jonathan

=================================