New Shop - Dust Collection Help

guitar10000

Hello ,

I recently moved and have a new 3 car garage shop. I have the JET 708626CK DC-1100CK 1-1/2-Horsepower 1,100 CFM dust collector:

http://www.amazon.com/708626CK-DC-1100CK-2-Horsepower-Canister-Collector/dp/B00006J6PF

My question is :

If I put this unit in the corner and run duct work on the ceiling to all the machines , will it have enough HP to cover that area?

Thanks

You may be a little shy on power for that.., but you could do it and try, and if it doesnt work too well, then you just have to upgrade your DC.. The HF 2HP gem should have enough juice, if you are looking for the bang for you buck option.. Obviously, just about any cyclone will do the trick, 2 HP or bigger. You make just have to make sure that you put blast gates on all of your tools. It may work one at a time. Good luck..

I have the Delta version of yours and have a pretty long run on one wall that takes a double 45 and continues in the second wall for a bit to my router table and mine does great at keeping up. It obviously would be best of you can keep the bigger mess tools closest to your DC but that just isn't always possible. I ran mine so one port goes to a flex hose that gets switched between the TS, planer, jointer, drum sander, and bandsaw; the second port goes to the plumbed side that goes to my DP, CMS, RAS, and then my router table. I have ran this system for several yrs and have been quite pleased, obviously a 3hp cyclone would be better but until someone buys me one this keeps me very happy. Good luck and congrats on the new shop.

Nate