Craftsman Band saw

haysflooring

My FIL gave me a 12 in craftsman band saw. Its about 10 years old according to everything Ive read and researched its supposed to use a 89.5 blade but it wont fit. Its about 2in short. A 93.5 is about 2in to long. I've tried everything I can think of no luck. The adustment is bottemed out. I'm hoping someone else has had this problem and can point me in the right direction. Does anybody know where I can have blades custom made to 91.5 inches?

My FIL gave me a 12 in craftsman band saw. Its about 10 years old according to everything Ive read and researched its supposed to use a 89.5 blade but it wont fit. Its about 2in short. A 93.5 is about 2in to long. I've tried everything I can think of no luck. The adustment is bottemed out. I'm hoping someone else has had this problem and can point me in the right direction. Does anybody know where I can have blades custom made to 91.5 inches?

1. A picture of your bandsaw might really help.

2. Get the serial number off the machine and go to Sears parts on-line. This should connect you to the make/model and vitals. This is how I refurbed a much older C'man given to me.

3. Depending upon which model you've got, be careful about too great of expectations. Mine cut curves wonderfully, well uncontrollably is a better description. Though Suffolk (Timberwolf) has a buy 3 get 1 free deal going (and they are great blades), a BS that can't properly tension its blades is not going to provide good performance--regardless!!!

I couldnt find the blade size on the sears parts site all it said was blade. I went to sears and talked to there resedent tool expert an older gentleman who knew his stuff! Come to find out my model of saw was the only one they made that takes a 91 inch blade . He found me the part #s for them so I ordered one of each. They only have two sizes 1/2 in 3 ppi and a 1/4 in 10ppi. I figure I will try those to see how it cuts be for I spend alot on custom blades and a new fence. What size blades and ppi do yall find most usfull in general woodworking?