Ack! How much should I charge?!

adamking

Hey all. Does that title sound familiar? Yeah I know it does. Do you find yourself sweating the process of trying to price your work?

You don't want to over charge, but you don't want to undercharge, but you still want to come out ahead without offending anyone... the whole process can drive you crazy!

Well part of taking steps to earn a living with woodworking is understanding what it takes to price your work appropriately so that everybody wins. That's why over at The Woodworker's Journey I've been working through a series on pricing your work. The first couple of posts are up. It's part of an ongoing series around how to get started selling online. You can check them out here:

Pricing Your Work Series

Woodworking Online Series

I began these series over at my site because of a growing number of questions around these topics as well as a lot of outdated information floating around the woodworking community that was being accepted as the status quo. I know in the beginning of my shop, I was dying for information like this.

In reality, as much as we look for a one size fits all pricing strategy, one doesn't exist. There are, however, basic guidelines that can help you formulate a very positive pricing structure that doesn't scare people off and keeps you from eating rice and beans for the next 10 years!

So, take a look, leave your thoughts and feel free to share this info with anyone you feel could benefit from it. As always, if you have any questions, then fire away!