router problem

ediazf

Hi guys, I am having a problem with my router, it works ramdomly. I was able to use it today but sometimes I had to try like 10 minutes for it to come up and work... I checked the brushes and they are fine and still long enough to easily touch the commutator so I don't know what could be the problem. I am reading some things now and maybe I should check the commutator itself but I don't really know what to look for (shorts maybe some cooper sticking out and touching with its neighbour?).

thanks!

Could be dust in the switch, a common problem with routers, which leads to the question why manufacturers don't put sealed switches. But, I digress, likely the switch as I had the same problem with a 1617EVS.

It sounds so obvious haha and I got so worried that I didn't even think of it. I'll check.

Thanks man, I was just watching your drum sander video :)

Just a couple of weeks ago, I had the same dust problem in the switch of my 1617EVS too. I took apart the top of the router and switch and cleaned out the dust. Works like new now. Not too difficult to do just make sure you don't drop and lose the little metal pin that goes over the spring in the switch. Don't ask me how I know that :)