Shabby wardrobes

AlanWilley

This is just part of a beroom suite I am building. I was asked to match a small bedroom side table in a shabby chick style. It is all made in MRMDF and is coated in an off white 2k laquer. I had to spray on a ground coat of a brown so it would show through when it was distressed. All of the door top and drawer top mouldings were made by using thin MDF cut out to pattern on the bandsaw and then routed to shape using a home made template. These were then glued to the panels and smoothed into the panel. The two left hand robes are half hanging with a small shelf and house two three drawer units while the right hand robes have a shelf at the top and are full hanging. All of the doors are on Blum soft closers and the drawer boxes are dovetailed pine and run on full extension soft close runners. This has taken some building not to mention the finishing, but I think it has been worth the effort. Next I have a full set of wardrobes and top boxes along with a dressing table and bed head to fit on the opposite wall. Looks like I will be busy.

inplacelongshot.jpg

Inplacedrawers.jpg

mainrobefittedandopen.jpg

Groundcoatadded.jpg