RIDGID Jointer Leveling

cs1245

I have a followup question regarding my original post on July 18th.

I have found the dovetail portion under the jointer where I will put the shims. It appears when shimming the dovetails that I will only be able to shim the outfeed table from front to back. For example, if the part of the outfeed table closest to me is higher, I can place a shim in the dovetail located furthest from me under the outfeed table to raise it up to make it level. But how do I shim the dovetail if the left side (as I stand in front of the planer) of the outfeed table is higher than the right side (the side of the outfeed closest to the cutting blades)? I hope this isnt too confusing. Thanks.

Colin

Colin if I understand you correctly you are stating that when you place a straight edge across your jointer bed that the point of your outfeed table closest to the cutter head is lower then the outer most portion of the outfeed table? Is this the same for the infeed table as well? Basically when you place a long reliable straight edge on the jointer does it resemble a banana or possibly a plantain?