Charity Build Offer for Guild members only

dwightbartlett

Fellow guild members I have a proposition for you to consider with regards to the fall charity build.

I'm part of the Western Ohio Woodworkers group and each December we donate handmade toys to Dayton Children's Hospital.

I have a large supply of hickory that I have been wondering what to do with, so an idea comes to mind.

How about a trade, wood for toys?

I would be willing to offer you enough hickory for one horse free of charge in exchange for the finished horse.

The horse would then be added to W.O.W's donation to Dayton Children's Hospital.

My shop is located about 20 minutes from Dayton and about 40 minutes from Cincinnati. Please understand that I will not be able to arrange for shipping so you would need to be able to make the trip.

If you are interested please email me @ dwightbartlett@sbcglobal.net

please include charity build in the subject line of your email.

Thank you in advance for making this years donation a success.

Dwight Bartlett

That could probably be arranged. Unfortunately, the finished product would then need to be shipped back for donation. While I can offer the wood, the shipping would have to be on the builder.

If I start to get requests I'd be glad to crosscut to easily transportable lengths. If I can work out my schedule I should even be able to arrange the use of my planer and jointer for those who do not have one of their own.

I'm open to any ideas that will increase the number of donations to both of these charities.