Homemade Screw Chuck Video

Roger T

Thank you Roger! I have begun making this screw chuck. At one point I thought I had it ready to go and started turning a test piece on it, but the lag bolt screw free of the epoxy and starting spinning in the chuck. I took the chuck off the faceplate, and was able to get the screw backed out, and the epoxy cleaned off. The nozzle for the epoxy had already filled with solidified epoxy so using that again was out. So I filled the counter sink with the epoxy again, but later discovered that it wasn't mixed well enough as it was just not hardening. So once again I cleaned out all the epoxy from the counter sink and filled it again with the epoxy. I took a nail and made sure it was good and mixed. This seemed to work as it was starting to harden within a few minutes. I decided it would be best to let it sit over-night before trying to use it again.

I will post pictures of it once I get it on the lathe with a piece successfully turning on it.