grizzly 18" band saw

jimmykx250

Hey looking for some opinoins- found an 18" grizzly bandsaw on e-bay for local pick-up only. I asked the guy for a model number and serial and he says he cant find either on the unit! 200 bucks for this seems way cheap even if he is the second owner. If it's to good

$200 for an 18" bandsaw is crazy cheap... if the motor starts and runs.

Jimmy,

As the Highway Patrolman once told me, “The I didn’t know it was stolen, doesn’t hold water when you paid way below market value. Knowing it was too low makes it receiving stolen goods. Go a head and buy it and I’ll be by next week to arrest you.”

Now that stopped me from buying a 44 Mag. for $50 in the ‘70s.

The guy saying he can’t find the serial or model number is a red flag. Call Woodcraft and ask where the numbers would be located.

I hope it works out, but as they say, buyer beware.

Doug

Jimmy,

As the Highway Patrolman once told me, “The I didn’t know it was stolen, doesn’t hold water when you paid way below market value. Knowing it was too low makes it receiving stolen goods. Go a head and buy it and I’ll be by next week to arrest you.”

Now that stopped me from buying a 44 Mag. for $50 in the ‘70s.

The guy saying he can’t find the serial or model number is a red flag. Call Woodcraft and ask where the numbers would be located.

I hope it works out, but as they say, buyer beware.

Doug

I know what your saying thats why i called grizzly direct today. Come to find out that the only serial number is on the motor itself (which is the motor manufacturers)!!! Grizzly didn't even have a model number stamped on that thing! I also found out that the model is from 2000 so it's not a baby and on the second owner. He has not told me it is running either?!?!? So if it needs a new motor the price seems in line considering it is a 2 hp motor. I will find out when he replies to my most recent inquiry and i wont make the drive until he does reply. Not sure if it's worth the price if i have to replace the motor- grizzly did tell me that some of the parts for that saw were no longer available so that makes me wonder right there! Buyer beware is right! I think this deal seems a little too good to be true!

• 2 weeks later...