iTunes Store - why 2 types of Podcasts?

JimFromCanmore

Hi Marc - sorry if this isn't your "department" but couldn't find who else to ask: I had laboriously downloaded about 100 of your excellent podcasts through iTunes Store, and was syncing them to my iPod. Now the subscribed podcast says "TWW - Apple TV" (ah, maybe it always did, am not sure here...) as it's title and only a few episodes sync to the iPod regardless of the settings (all/new/unplayed etc.).

I started digging back on the iTunes Store and noticed a new Podcast titled "TWW - iPod" (ah, maybe it was always there?) and downloaded a few episodes - yes, they do sync to the iPod.

It may have been that you had the two versions all along and I subscribed to the wrong one, but it used to work for me. Do I need to repeat all those downloads from the "TWW - iPod" subscription or do you have a suggestion?

Appreciate your show, your humour and your help!

Hey Jim. Yes we have had multiple feeds for a long time now. Device specs change fairly frequently so we decided to optimize each feed for each device. So when Apple changes a spec, that can certainly affect cross-compatibility to multiple devices. So if you want to be sure all the videos load onto your ipod, I would definitely suggest subscribing to the ipod feed. Keep in mind the AppleTV files are quite a bit larger too. So when you subscribe to the iPod feed you should notice them downloading faster.

• 2 weeks later...