Guild Membership Question

JimReed

Sorry if I missed it but in looking around I didn't find a definitive answer to a question I have: I want to join and follow the Roubo build but realistically I know that I won't be able to actually start my own build until September. If I join now for 6 months, will I still be able to access the Ruobo videos in September (or later)? A

lso, would I be able to post questions about my build at that time?

And finally, would I be able to get the Benchcraftd discount on the bench hardward at that time?

Thanks, Jim

I can't give an authoritative answer, but Marc has a newborn infant to take care of, so I'll take a stab at it.

September 2012 is more than six months from now, so if you joined now for six months you would not be able to access the materials or send questions directly to Marc in September. You would be able to post questions on this site.

I'd recommend waiting and joining the Guild in September. Then, you'd be able to access all the videos and materials, and be able to ask Marc questions, while you were doing the build.

Thanks for helping out Chip. The little guy is sleeping next to me on the couch so I have my hands free to answer a few emails. :)

To add to what Chip said Jim, the videos are available for download. So although once your membership expires you will no longer have access to the Guild site or videos, you are more than welcome to download them while your membership is active. Throw them on a hard drive somewhere and save them for when you are doing your build.

As Chip indicated, you would no longer have access to the 911 hotline, but as many folks know, I never ignore emails. So if you email with questions about the build I will certainly answer them. You'll just have to wait a little longer for an answer. The forum is also here and is open to the public. So you can ask as many questions as you like if you're looking for help from your fellow woodworkers. I also peruse the forum and try to help out where I can.

As for the discount, Bencrafted is keeping it active for six months after the build starts. So that should expire in June sometime.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the additional info. I plan to join for 6 months now so I can follow the build so when September rolls around, I will have a good idea of everything I should need to make the build go smoothly. I will make sure to download all the videos too.

Marc, one word of advice from a father of three whose kids are now in the process of flying the nest, enjoy every minute you can with your son. I know it is cliched to say, but the time will fly by faster than you can imagine. One day you are changing diapers and the next day they are graduating from college......

Finally, I can't tell you how much I love your website, forums, guild, etc. When I was actively woodworking 20 years ago, the only way to learn was reading books and then trial and error. Videos and forum feedback has totally changed the game and I love it! Can't wait to start learning the million skills that are required to do nice work.

Jim