Newbie in Southeast TN

RookieDIY

I found my way into the chat room today and was directed here to introduce myself and see if there are any fellow woodworkers nearby. I'm just getting my feet wet in woodworking and hoping to do lots of learning this summer. I'm in Cleveland, TN so if anyone nearby has any suggestions on good places to get lumber, I'd love to know. I need all the help I can get!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning from you all.

Jesse

• 1 year later...

Hey, Jesse,

Many years ago, I grew up in Cleveland, TN.  Have some family still there. Will talk to my uncle to see if he knows of anywhere to get wholesale lumber.  When I was young there, you could find small sawmills out in the areas of Red Hill, Dalton Pike area, Blackfox and along the Tunnel Hill roads.  You can't find much of anything in a phone book anymore.  I'll try to find out from my uncle for you.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for being so long, but finally received info from uncle.  He suggested that you look to Tellico Plains, Ocoee, Cohutta near Elijay and in that direction.  Later I remembered a young man in Dayton, not many miles from you and his name is Matthew.  His website is www.noogawood.com and I think he'll help you find a lumber source in the area.  You'll also enjoy his site.  I sincerely hope this helps you.