Just a thought.

Bandsix1984

I was looking at another newsletter that I subscribe to and thought of your site. In all their "how to " sections, in a separate column, they list all the tools and supplies used for the technique, with direct links for purchase. I thought of you and your affiliate store with amazon. If there was a way you could incorporate something similar, not only would it save us some time searching for the same tools and supplies you use but also would increase traffic to your affiliate store. Again just a thought. Take it or leave it. Below is a link to one of their examples to see what I mean.

http://www.stewmac.com/tsarchive/ts0157.html

each one of our videos contain a section for links to products used. we havnt had a chance to go back to all of our old posts to bring them up to date. But the new ones certainly have this new feature. Now the newsletter is a different animal. We only post excerpts there.

Here's an example: http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/videos/how-to-clean-blades-bits/

Not as flashy as theirs but functional. ;)

Admittedly, you're not the only one who misses it. I often get comments from folks asking for links that are hanging out right above the comment box. :) I think the current setup is fairly understated and there really isn't much there to draw your attention. I think in future iterations we'll have to make it a little more clear that there are product links in the body of the post. Just one of those design challenges that we work through over time.