DW735 DeWalt Bench Top Planer

Chris H

Is the router a really a decent tool or are you being sarcastic? The "..." suggests sarcasm but I am not sure if I am over reading into it! :)

I would love to hear on the router either way, because I am in the market for a speed router so I can stop the sick dance of death between mounting and unmounting my current full size router to it's table.

I actually need to sell a few routers... Three is PLENTY, without dedicated production uses.

Several of mine were bought for reasons that don't exist for me anymore. For example, I had matching, "centered" 690's for my dovetail jig, but I sold the jig! I also had both a single speed 1617 and the EVS, as the variable mostly lived in a table, and I could share bases and jigs with both motors.

I'd like to downsize to my table motor, one 690, one 1617EVS, and the DW compact. I really don't even need a 690, but it's light and maneuverable, has a D-handle base, has a 1/2" collet for when the DeWalt can't accept the bit, and the 1617 is too bulky.

The examples I rarely, if ever, use, include the other 690's, my single speed 1617, and my laminate trimmer.

Sometimes, it's good to reflect! Time to lay them all out and think... ;^)

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 78 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    advertyzedusa
    Newest Member
    advertyzedusa