Making "urban tree" lumber

chopnhack

Love oak !!! as you can see by my form name. I have tried to use wood I have found in the local almond field and found it very difficult to cut to useable boards - I have turned some and found that a lot of the smaller logs can be used for tool handles - I've used oak, almond, eucalyptus , and a lot of others I have no idea what its called. One thing I found to be in my experience is the "wood log's" (for a better name) Look so much better when it comes to grain and color .. Props to you.

• Like 1

Love oak !!! as you can see by my form name. I have tried to use wood I have found in the local almond field and found it very difficult to cut to useable boards - I have turned some and found that a lot of the smaller logs can be used for tool handles - I've used oak, almond, eucalyptus , and a lot of others I have no idea what its called. One thing I found to be in my experience is the "wood log's" (for a better name) Look so much better when it comes to grain and color .. Props to you.

Thanks HeartOfOak and you are right, sometimes this local stuff is just chock full of character. What did that almond wood look like?