Do you foil your ribs?

Nick2cd

I could be wrong, but from visits to the UK I believe scotch whiskey is also called malt whiskey.  

Grain Whisky = Whiskey from anywhere that is not malted, kind of like Irish Whiskey. 

Irish Whisky = Irish Whiskey

American Whisky = Bourbon

Malt Whisky (from scotland) = Scotch

Yeah, what you furriners would call Scotch :)

On a trip to Georgia I had the opportunity to sample a few Bourbons and even had a taste of some 'backyard' sippin whiskey - completely removed the lining of my throat but after that it was nice.

When I'm cooking with whiskey I tend to use the cheapest roughest stuff I can find. It seems to react to the heat better plus the idea of using a quality drink in that way just seems wrong when you can just drink it instead :)

I've smoked over a couple hundred racks of ribs and I do both foil and no foil. However, I foil them more than not. I do my dry rub and then two hours on the Egg with a spritzing of red wine vinegar/apple juice mixture every hour. I then leave them on for another 15 minutes. Pull them off then foil them. My trick is to rub the ribs with my BBQ sauce before foiling them so they cook with the sauce. I let them on for two hours. They are absolutely prefect every time.

• 2 weeks later...

whish I would have taken picture but I was hungry.  Beef ribs Canadian steak rub / olive oil marinade.  prior to putting on grill rub brown sugar and honey on top.  charcoal grill with coals off set to one side.  mesquite chips in foal on coals.  cooked for bout 3.5 hours  they were really good.