Desk table - design

Willin

Right off, this design is in Sketchup and you will need to be a SU user to download and inspect the details.

This desk table is to match an existing desk of same size and details.  The one we have is an Ethan Allen model, now discontinued, called "American Impressions."  This one has a single line of shallow drawers, and the original has deeper side drawers, the typical saddlebag look.  Both will be set up in a back to back partner fashion in the center of a small room.

The only detail that differs from the Ethan Allen arrangement is the top's edge.  The E.A. has a plain square edge with the arrises eased slightly with a 1/8" roundover.  I beveled it at bottomside.

The design is in Sketchup and the model can be found on the 3D Warehouse using table desk Ethan Allen as the search term.

I have done a lot of work with mortise and tenon but wish to get a Festool domino 500 for quickening the build process of things like this.

post-16259-0-56715500-1412860622_thumb.p

Your sketchup skills are excellent! 

Looking at your design it looks like you are creating a line of holes in the bottom of the table under the draws on the sides and these allow access to screws that go directly into the top? Not sure if that is what I am seeing or not. I am not an expert in such things but given the number of screws (assuming they are screws) I am wondering if you are allowing enough space for wood movement.