Muscle chuck

dwacker

I have one for my pc 895.I've liked it a lot, really made changing bits through the table top easier. However, last week with the project you helped me with I was using a 1/4" shank and the 1/4" collet reducer. After the 12th or so pass we noticed that the cut depth had changed, it had become deeper. Upon inspection the collet reducer had migrated up a little less than an 1/8" inch or so. I've since cleaned the collet and reducer and haven't tried it again.

That all said, I only have a few hours worth of router experience with the 895, bosch 23, and Dewalt compact.

I have one, having had it for sometime and now only use it on bits no bigger than 1/2" on my Trend T11 in the router table - That is close to 3HP.

I've found bigger than that diameter cut I get vibration. I had a 1" pattern bit in and couldn't work out what all the noise was. Then discovered it was vibration from the chuck. I tried all the methods in the instructions of balancing it and still the same. To be absolutely fair to the musclechuck I was using a collet extension so that may also induce vibration. Reduced down to 1/2" still with the extender and no vibration. 

So it's a great idea but not fantastic in practice.