Help with planning a mobile table saw cabinet.

Woodman28

I am looking to build a new rolling table saw cabinet with a built in router table. I was hoping some of you would be willing to lend your experience and thoughts on what features should be included. I want everything needed for both of these tools to be accessible at all times from this cabinet. I have a fairly good start on it. 

Here is what I have on the list to be included or storage to be included for:

Saw blades

Router bits

Fence storage for both

Sled storage

Miter Guage storage

Infeed riggers that slide out from the front for full sheets of plywood

Blade stop too wrenchesl for changing blades

Dust collection

Pencils and marking tool storage

Jig storage

Measuring tools and squares storage

That's where I am at this moment. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums Woodman.

Here are a couple of previous threads on the subject this might be a good place to start.  

One thing I think you want to consider is a good set of locking castors.  They have a lot on the market that not only lock the wheel from rolling but locks the swivel as well.

You want to be careful and price the project out.  You can end up spending as much on a cart for your existing saw as a new bigger saw with more horse power and the capability of taking a dado stack would cost.  And even after the cart is built you will find your self wanting more saw before to long.

Yes that is very true. I do want to one day buy a large cabinet saw such as a 52" Grizzly. However it will be years before I take that step. I have a good bit of plywood leftover from an office build out I did last year. And I have a lot of 2x4s. I would like to use all plywood and make this really nice, but as usual cost is an issue so I might use 2xs in some places like the base. I have thought about building one big frame with 2x4s and then using a combination of 1/4" ply, 3/4" ply and 1/2" ply to make shelves, paneled sides and 3/4 top. I think that will be a last resort though.