Festool Rotex RO90

SandSWoodcraft

Hey Guys,

I'm considering making my first Festool purchase and am looking for a RO sander. Currently the only sanders I have are an old B&D Mouse, a Craftsman 3" belt sander and a Ryobi 1/4 Sheet Finish sander. I've been looking at the big box stores but think I want to invest on a better sander that can be as versatile as possible. 3" pads seem a little small to me, but I've read this thing chews through wood like a beaver. I'm a low output hobby/side job shop, and my work is about 60% woodturning, 30% end grain cutting boards & 10% furniture. I would have to say I haven't ventured much into furniture because I hate sanding so much. I recently watched Marc's video on sanding, and found a lot of things wrong with my techniques, so we'll see how I adjust.

Anyone have direct experience with this one or should i go with a traditional RO Festool like the 150/3?

Thanks!

I have had my 150 in my shop for years and love it. Festool's sandpaper might cost a bit more but it lasts longer and ends up cheaper in the long run. We did some comparison sanding with several different brands of sandpaper.

I rarely use my Lamello biscut joiner since I bought a Domino! Wonderful tool. I broke a little part when I over-tightened a lever, Festool service people were great! Friendly and knowledgeable customer service is rare these days.