Greetings from Charlotte, North Carolina

trimbleepic

Hello all

I'm a newbie to woodworking, but I've wanted to get into it for most of my life. My wife and I share a house and property with her parents, so I don't have much space to myself...

But recently, I managed to aquire a storage building that I had originally planned to store the redundant household items that my wife and I don't want to part with. I took on the job of building the shelving units for the building, and those turned out very nice :) However, the work has triggered the drive to finally take up woodworking as a hobby.

I have access to an old tablesaw, which I tore down an recalibrated as best I could, and for fathers day this year, my wife bought me a ryobi table router kit... I have also recently aquired an antique Craftsman jointer (6") that I will be restoring. I feel like I only need a band saw and planer to have a complete set of machines. Oh, and I have a miter saw waiting for me to pick it up that I inherited from my father :(

So that's about it for now, I guess I'll see y'all in other threads!