Pen Finishes

tim0625

ya I like the thin for finish put it on hit it a few times with your paper towel and let it spin dry or use the hardener the thin is good for inlay as well.  for putting the tubes in the hole use the thick .

bit of warning have fan on it to blow away the fumes it burns my sinuses when you rub it with paper towels.

ya I like the thin for finish put it on hit it a few times with your paper towel and let it spin dry or use the hardener the thin is good for inlay as well.  for putting the tubes in the hole use the thick .

bit of warning have fan on it to blow away the fumes it burns my sinuses when you rub it with paper towels.

If You look at the bottom of the bottle it's a 1oz bottle, way to high price, I pay 2.47 to 2.70 per oz.

And the warning that is My number 4 above

I have turned about 8 pens so far so that says I am pretty new at this. My first one was using a friction finish. It looked great the first day. I wear a lot of T shirts and do not have pockets, I clip the pen to the inside of the collar of the shirt so the pen sets next to my skin. The friction finish wore off in less than a day. CA glue has yet to fail  me. I suppose it could happen but like duckkisser, I use thin super glue but from the hardware store, that as some spray hardener and I have good results. I suppose only time will tell but so far, I like CA better. YMMV!