Help Posting a Video

G S Haydon

Hello All

I did a short video of me cutting a tenon with a saw and the split method. The MP4 file is big so I can't post it. I have compressed it but it's  still to big! I can't email it to anyone as my e-mail is 25mb limited. How can I get around this? I don't want to put it on you tube just yet as my intention is just for a bit of feedback. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

Graham

Post it up on YouTube. In the upload dialog, there's a privacy setting.  Change it to 'Unlisted' and hit save (privacy doesn't seem to auto-save like text changes).  Once it is done, you can post and embed the video here if you like.  Unlisted means people can't search for it or find it listed on your channel.  You have to have the link to view it, which is what you'd post here directly or indirectly (embedded).

• Like 1

Already watched it! Nice video; I like the B&W effect; just gotta get the cut into the view when you show it, but with a phone camera showing the frame to the back of the phone, that's tricky.  If it can be switched to manual focus, it will eliminate the wobble when it thinks it needs to refocus then decides it doesn't.  Not sure if a phone camera has that or not.  A way to avoid it is to zoom in from afar, but most phone cameras don't do optical zoom, just digital zoom, so you lose resolution.

None of the above is wrong with the video, just stuff I thought to point out.

Nice new saw, too.