Rubber center?

tdh36185

I am fairly new to the turning world, I "inherited" a southbend heavy 10 lathe and have bought a few books on turning after having fun with a few small bowls. One of the books "contemporary woodturning" by nick Arnull references modified rubber centers. Are these commercially available? I did a quick search on amazon and did not find anything. Thanks for any assistance.

you can make a soft touch center that goes over your tools something like this. at least if this is what you have in mind for what you need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acqZRDdkmkk

but if you looking for something to put between you center and your bowl without puting a gouge in the bottom then just get a teenis ball the ball will squish but its woven surface will hold it together and hold your bowl in place without maring the wood. i have found a tiny tennis ball at a pet store its for birds or ferits ect... does the job and it is small enough to be out of my way.

• 4 weeks later...