screen door finish

waxman

hi all, new guy here.w i was wondering if any body has used the sikkens product cetol door and window clear finish over a minwax oil stain. I just completed a wood screen door i made for my sisters house in St louis mo..Talked to a lady rep of the company and she cannot say yes because i did not not use their product under the coating.This product is supposed to be superior to spar urethanes such as minwax helmsman.This door facing north is under a 8 foot deep 25 wide porch so it never receives direct sun or rain.Should i just use the helmsman and not worry about it?

Hi new guy

Well if this were me and its unopened, take it back. Better safe that sorry. Someone may pop in and say test it over the minwax...my gut is telling me it would probably work...but why take a chance if they cant say for sure, its your hard earned cash. Heck its outdoor finish and they do take a beating and at some point refinishing will be immanent . The porch seems well protected, so longevity is on your side with any good outdoor finish. Ask 10 woodworkers get 10 different opinions. That is just mine. :)

-Ace-