Shop Entertainment tunes/video

jwallweyfoundry

So i currently have both tunes on a simple radio and TV with basic video. My question is I am working on a whole home DVR set up and have contemplated trying to add shop to the network. I am still up in the air as to final setup so am wondering if anyone else has similar set up either in shop or house. If i could stream hulu to shop that would be cool. I have tried couple different setups none that i have been sold on. I am interested in the good and the bad you have all tried. I am also interested in the coolest setup you have seen or have.

I take my laptop with a wireless router and not only I stream Hulu but I can stream The Wood Whisperer and Wood Talk Radio.

So i currently have both tunes on a simple radio and TV with basic video. My question is I am working on a whole home DVR set up and have contemplated trying to add shop to the network. I am still up in the air as to final setup so am wondering if anyone else has similar set up either in shop or house. If i could stream hulu to shop that would be cool. I have tried couple different setups none that i have been sold on. I am interested in the good and the bad you have all tried. I am also interested in the coolest setup you have seen or have.

I have done that as well. My shop is detached from house so get pretty good reception out there for wireless. My wife doesn't appreciate it when i take her laptop out there though so have been trying to link tv and all to my main frame in house. I cant afford the new mac i want as I keep spending my cash on tools. There is always a new tool i want it seems so the laptop of my own gets put on back burner.

I take my laptop with a wireless router and not only I stream Hulu but I can stream The Wood Whisperer and Wood Talk Radio.

Hey man, I get it and understand where you come from. That is why I still have this old clunker Dell model 2005 but own a bunch of Festool everything and now I am adding a bunch of Lie Nielsen tools to my bag.

Good working tools make our passion more enjoyable.

I have done that as well. My shop is detached from house so get pretty good reception out there for wireless. My wife doesn't appreciate it when i take her laptop out there though so have been trying to link tv and all to my main frame in house. I cant afford the new mac i want as I keep spending my cash on tools. There is always a new tool i want it seems so the laptop of my own gets put on back burner.

Guest Mahoganus

I'm in the process of upgrading my tunes too. Since 95% of the local radio station broadcast live on there web sites,,, I'm taking one of my old PC's and hooking it up in the garage, that way I can listen to all 4000 songs from my main computer plus the radio stations and plus everything else on the www. Once I get my 12 inch sub hooked up I will be able to really rock the house.