Bosch Carbide Blade for Multi-Tools

Yaksouth

I strongly recommend this Bosch Carbide Blade for cutting tough materials with an Oscillating Tool.  This blade lets you apply versatile Oscillating Tools to hard-to-cut materials with speed and ease.  For example, I cut accurate rectangular  holes in 5/16” thick Cement Board quickly and with less dust than other options I've used (drill at corners and jig saw).    

This Bosch Blade is superior to the bi-blades I have been using with my Oscillating Tool for the past four years. I cut 56 linear inches in 5/16" thick cement board and 12 sections of ⅜" steel rod and threw in several miscellaneous trim cuts of ½" plywood.  This Blade still looks new! (picture below)

Note the only concern is that if you have a Dremel 6300 or MM20, Rockwell hex drive or Toolshop Oscillating Tool, you will need to pony up for a little adapter ring ($2 on Amazon) to transition to this Blade.  But the toughness of this blade is well worth it.

post-14481-0-56631400-1385771910_thumb.j

post-14481-0-62315400-1385771911_thumb.j

post-14481-0-68061900-1385771912_thumb.j

TR, yes, I've been the same way...burning thru the standard blades.  Then when I have an emergency repair, I find that all I have is burnt blades.  So far this carbide blade seems to perform like the difference between Carbide and High Speed Steel router bits (and almost NO ONE uses high speed steel router bits anymore).  I've found (2) blades for $34 on Amazon and they also have an adapter for $2 if you have a Dremel Multi-tool.

I'm in the Charleston area of SC.  Been here since 1996.