Our Stand at The European Woodworking Show

HavenTom

Hey guys

I thought you might like to see this. The organisers of The European Woodworking Show invited my UK based forum to display. We made this stand as a kind of tongue in cheek wink to the woodworking world. The stand got a lot of good comments, everyone love it!

med_gallery_9_5_65877.jpg

One of my sponsors came up with the idea and we made it at his workshop a few weeks before the show. It's all veneered mdf, walnut and maple. The dovetails are 'real', in that they actually hold the whole thing together. The top section slots into the posts.

We had a blast at the show and made lots of new friends, whilst spreading the word about our new community.

If you're interested, I also shot a bunch of videos which are on my site here.

Let me know what you think guys ;)

Hi Tom Awesome stand. It's very simplicity makes it everything. Back in the nineties we almost became Exibition junkies, spending virtually as much time at the NEC as we did in the shop. We would spend hours checking out stands. Most were so expensive and over dressed you were never too sure what they were intending to sell or demonstrate. Your stand tells every one from a distance just exactly what you are about. Brilliant. Love the barn setting as well.